pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Trouble with Pan and news.grc.com

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Trouble with Pan and news.grc.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 19:41:25 +0000 (UTC)

Per Hedeland <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat,
03 Jan 2009 20:13:48 +0100:

> Beartooth <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>!> Warning: The posting profile's server doesn't carry newsgroup !>   "
>>grc.techtalk".
>
> I guess that's absolutely verbatim, including the "weird" space between
> the opening quote and 'grc'?
>
>>-- while the Newsgroups line at the top of the Message contains :
>>grc.techtalk.linux, grc.techtalk Anybody see any typos??
>
> Yes - the groups must be separated *only* by a single comma - no
> whitespace allowed. I.e. the server saw it as an attempt to post to the
> groups "grc.techtalk.linux" and " grc.techtalk" - the latter presumably
> doesn't exist, while "grc.techtalk" does.

Good catch!  I had seen the error and knew it was that the group didn't
appear on the server, but it's past my bed time and I had saved it to
figure out when I could think clearer.  Looks like you saved me the
trouble! =:^)

... and with that I think I think I still have enough time for a three
hour or so nap b4 work, so good day/nite/whatever.  =:^)