om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] sustain pedal

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] sustain pedal
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:25:21 -0500

On Wed, 2005-14-12 at 18:45 -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 20:35 +0100, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Strange. Sustain pedal doesn't seem to have any effect on om, although I
> > have a vague recollection of it working once-upon-a-time. At least I can
> > see that my computer recieves an event when I press the pedal, so I
> > asume the pedal is working (plus I tried with 3 diffrent ones). So What
> > I'd like to know:
> >
> > 1) Is sustain pedal supposed to work out of the box, that is holding it
> > will sustain notes?
>
> Does now (in CVS).  Only in the note node for now though (ie not the
> trigger node, which doesn't make too much sense anyway...)
>
> There's still some problems with voice allocation (you can hit an
> assertion if you've built with debugging) but like everything else MIDI
> now that I have a keyboard I'll figure that out soon enough.

Update:  MIDI seems to be working fine now, voice allocation seems
right, the weird clicking issue is gone, and hold pedal works.  I'm
playing the organ patch right now w/ 8 polyphony and liberal hold pedal
use, no problems so far.

All I need to do now is pitch bend, and keyboard playability should be
"complete" (unless I'm missing something?)

-DR-