Re: Unsupported nroff macros on MacOS X

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: Unsupported nroff macros on MacOS X
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2023 00:52:56 +0200

Robert Elz wrote in
 <8706.1680561265@jacaranda.noi.kre.to>:
 |    Date:        Mon, 3 Apr 2023 15:10:15 -0700
 |    From:        Bakul Shah <bakul@iitbombay.org>
 |
 || mandoc doesn't understand tbl output for the simple test i tried.
 |
 |No, in general mandoc doesn't process *roff input at all.   Its input
 |ps: Ken, while I am here, forget about translating HTML back into anything

Its HTML conversion is much superior compared to the groff one.
This is hard to understand actually, i think this is a Brit
Professor who did it, and i have read the presentation, and it was
just brilliant.  The realization however soiled the entire
codebase (this is my personal opinion .. of someone who is neither
professor nor have some really good "hammers" out there, to earn
the merits to say something like this, that is to say).

--steffen