nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] wishlist

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] wishlist
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:20:42 -0400

Benno Schulenberg wrote:

<snip>

> Indeed, thanks.  It does the job well in case of any cursor movement,
> but not for normal typing.  Hrm, mumble mumble...

Note that it was implemented due to CHAO Wei-Lun's suggestion that all
messages should disappear after the next keystroke.

>>> * Add some blank lines in the main help text, to give the eye some
>>> hold in the long list of keys.
>> would be nice if you could search (ctrl+w) help too ...
>
> That would help too.  :)

It certainly would, but I'd prefer to leave this for the rewrite in nano
1.5/1.6.  I say this because the unified text handling it has should
make it much easier to implement.  I implemented filename searches in
the file browser about 2 weeks ago in CVS, and since the filename list
is stored in a char* array instead of a filestruct, I had to duplicate
and modify a fair amount of search code to deal with it.  If I implement
help text searches with nano's current design, I'd have to do that
again, even more so.