nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] wishlist

From: John M. Gabriele
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] wishlist
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:46:29 -0700 (PDT)

--- David Lawrence Ramsey <address@hidden> wrote:

> Benno Schulenberg wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>  >>> * Add some blank lines in the main help text, to give the eye some
>  >>> hold in the long list of keys.
>  >> would be nice if you could search (ctrl+w) help too ...
>  >
>  > That would help too.  :)
>
> It certainly would, but I'd prefer to leave this for the rewrite in nano
> 1.5/1.6.  I say this because the unified text handling it has should
> make it much easier to implement.  I implemented filename searches in
> the file browser about 2 weeks ago in CVS, and since the filename list
> is stored in a char* array instead of a filestruct, I had to duplicate
> and modify a fair amount of search code to deal with it.  If I implement
> help text searches with nano's current design, I'd have to do that
> again, even more so.

On the GNU nano website, either on the overview page or the
CVS & Status page, I think it would be helpful if it listed
the various future versions (1.4, 1.5, 1.6) with what the
planned features for each one are (including short descriptions
of those features) -- maybe even with a ballpark estimate for
when the next release might be made. Maybe even have a "brand
new features just added to 1.3" section there as well (?).