Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone evaluation in commercial project[long]

From: Gerald W. Lester
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone evaluation in commercial project[long]
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:56:27 -0500

Peter Simons wrote:

Jon Bright writes:

>> If your customer requires access to your code management
>> system, then this is normally done by having a development
>> code management system and a release code management
>> system.

> That would be one way, but why build the SCM so that it
> needs to be that way?

Particularly, if the SCM system we have happens to know how
to synchronize de-central repositories with each other and
authenticates all data with strong cryptography. That's
pretty much exactly what you need when giving repository
access to third parties.
But the original poster wanted to give "limited" access to third parties, i.e. only wanted the thrid party to be able to see some checkins and history.

Example, in his repositor he did twenty checkins to get to V 1.0. He only wants the third party to see V 1.0 and no history for the twenty checkins.

--
| Gerald W. Lester               | Email: address@hidden        |