[Monotone-devel] Re: Sanity checking

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Sanity checking
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:25:01 +0100

Jon Bright <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> If a no-sanity-checking option isn't viable (or is too hated), maybe
> we could at least look at a seriously-reduced sanity checking
> option?  Do we really need to go three revs back?

Or is there some repeated sanity checking which wouldn't be too hard
to remove?  (A timestamp of the last time a paranoid monotone
successfully ran on a repository, or something?)  That wouldn't help
the initial experience of pulling from a big repository (although I
guess you could have the sending repository give an assurance of
sanity, if you could believe it).

Hmm.  Sounds hard.