Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Sanity checking

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Sanity checking
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:40:14 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:57:43 +0200, Jon Bright
<address@hidden> said:

jon> Hence my wish for a simple "turn it all off" switch.  Is there,
jon> incidentally, anything that the sanity checking gives me which
jon> "db check" doesn't?

Considering we've had problems with a few things before because of
lack of sanity checks, I'm not sure that's a good option.  Quite
honestly, if I knew you used that with your database, I wouldn't want
to synchronise mine with it, not even by proxy (meaning I'd regard the
database on off.net as possibly tainted, and avoid pulling from it as
well).

Call me paranoid if you want, but the multiple 'db rebuild' that we
had to do between 0.15 and 0.17 taught me one...

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/