Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Xine compiling error might have to do wit

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Xine compiling error might have to do with pthreads
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 15:19:23 +0100

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> So it seems there's win32/include in the source directory that has the
> missing headers. Attached is a diff that generates much the same error
> as the original, and the log.

That's great news!

Now we can get to the critical point. The missing symbol

    __imp__sched_get_priority_min

indicates that some header contains a wrong definition of the
sched_get_priority_min() function, which is part of pthread.
That function seems to be defined with something like "dllexport"
or "dllimport", i.e. it is prepared for DLL linking.

I see the following possible causes for that bug:

    1)  There's a mistake in our <pthread.h>

        (unlikely, since many other packages use pthreads without
         any problems.)

    2)  Some kind of "DLLEXPORT" or "DLLIMPORT" symbol is set by
        xine-lib before including <pthread.h>, which causes this
        header to produce wrong function prototypes.

    3)  Xine-libs defines its own prototype for
        sched_get_priority_min(), maybe it even provides an own
        pthread.h?

It would be great if you could check for these things.

> As an aside, there seems to be something wrong with the bz2 tarball
> from sourceforge, that's why I had to use xz and change the Makefile.

I tried very hard to avoid depending on xz, because it isn't
available on many systems. We'd probably have to compile it on
our own if we depend on it.

Isn't there any way to get the .tar.bz2 file working? Maybe by
using an older release?

We could then ask upstream to fix their .tar.bz2 files for the
next release.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR