Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Xine compiling error might have to do wi

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: Xine compiling error might have to do with pthreads
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:32:09 +1100

On 28 March 2010 01:19, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> So it seems there's win32/include in the source directory that has the
>> missing headers. Attached is a diff that generates much the same error
>> as the original, and the log.
>
> That's great news!
>
> Now we can get to the critical point. The missing symbol
>
>    __imp__sched_get_priority_min
>
> indicates that some header contains a wrong definition of the
> sched_get_priority_min() function, which is part of pthread.
> That function seems to be defined with something like "dllexport"
> or "dllimport", i.e. it is prepared for DLL linking.
>
> I see the following possible causes for that bug:
>
>    1)  There's a mistake in our <pthread.h>
>
>        (unlikely, since many other packages use pthreads without
>         any problems.)
>
>    2)  Some kind of "DLLEXPORT" or "DLLIMPORT" symbol is set by
>        xine-lib before including <pthread.h>, which causes this
>        header to produce wrong function prototypes.
>
>    3)  Xine-libs defines its own prototype for
>        sched_get_priority_min(), maybe it even provides an own
>        pthread.h?
>
> It would be great if you could check for these things.

I tried looking for these, but I'm somewhat in the dark. It does seem
to be something to do with the static pthreads, the attached makefile
builds a shared library and uses that.

It then fails again, with what seems to be more missing posix headers.
I'm not sure that "including" them somehow is the right approach.

>> As an aside, there seems to be something wrong with the bz2 tarball
>> from sourceforge, that's why I had to use xz and change the Makefile.
>
> I tried very hard to avoid depending on xz, because it isn't
> available on many systems. We'd probably have to compile it on
> our own if we depend on it.
>
> Isn't there any way to get the .tar.bz2 file working? Maybe by
> using an older release?

This is probably a Mac specific problem, it seems to extract a cpgz
file that contains a bz2 file that contains a cpgz file....