Re: [Ltib] LTIB for Raspberry Pi

From: Sean Malloy
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LTIB for Raspberry Pi
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:36:47 -0500

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B5oPSqrs5WbUNndYZ0pxTm10NkE

now contains what I consider to be Release Candidate 2 of LTIB for Rpi.

Changes:
 * Removed the mkimage code and package as it's apparently no longer necessary.
 * Expanded opt_freescale_pkgs.tar into individual package files
 * Eliminated changes to .ltibrc and strace.spec - theses files are
now untouched by RPi patch.
 * Investigated licensing.  gcc and the kernel are GPL.  My added
files contain the same level of
     copyright notices as other parts of LTIB.
 * Just 5 minutes ago, I was pointed to license information for the
GPU binaries that are included
     in /boot
(https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/blob/master/boot/LICENCE.broadcom),
so
     there will be a RC3 of rpi_boot.tar.gz that contains this license
file and up-to-date /boot code
     from https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/tree/master/boot.
The package file will also
     be renamed to reflect the commit id from this repository.

Feedback welcome.

I do have a more general LTIB question that I will send under a
separate heading.

-Sean

--
Sean C. Malloy