Re: [Ltib] LTIB for Raspberry Pi

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LTIB for Raspberry Pi
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:58:43 +0100

Hi guys,

Some comments on the toolchains. To get going, you can just install a binary toolchain somewhere and then when configuring LTIB under Toolchain, select custom and then enter the properties to point at the toolchain you've installed. This will let you at least find out whether or not the toolchain layout is compatible with LTIB without having to package it as an rpm.

If they do work, you can package them as rpms without re-building them. This is ugly as you're just using rpm as a container, but it's pragmatic (and recommended) as whenever you re-build toolchains, its easy to break them. Of course you'd need to specify where all the sources are (and provide links to them sources).

Note also that you can add all 3 toolchains to a single platform and select between them at config time (some existing platform allow this). Of course switching toolchains will force a complete rebuild.

Regards, Stuart