lmi

Re: [lmi] Special "split funds" supplemental report

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Special "split funds" supplemental report
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 00:55:05 +0000

On 2019-01-27 23:19, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 03:15:34 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> On 2019-01-25 02:30, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> GC> > On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 01:10:19 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
> GC> [...]
> GC> >  BTW, I've been thinking since quite some time that having a "search"
> GC> > control in this dialog wouldn't be unhelpful. Or do the actual users
> know
> GC> > the UI on the back of their hands and don't need any help with
> navigating
> GC> > it?
> GC>
> GC> If they don't know it like the backs of their proverbial hands, they make
> GC> detailed notes that they share with each other. Or they just ask Kim.
>
>  Using a voice assistant is another popular solution to the problem of
> finding the right thing but some old-fashioned people still prefer
> search...

Observed recently while visiting a couple in their eighties:
 -- Alexa, play "White Christmas".
 -- Okay, I see that's available for purchase with an amazon music
    account. Would you like me to create an account for you?
so I don't think the actual division is between old and young, or
old-fashioned and progressive.

Anyway, if lmi had a natural-language voice interface, there'd
be no more need for its current end users: customers could talk
directly to the machine.

>  https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/106

Committed and pushed. Soon we'll be able to expunge the last eight
elements of 'mce_report_column', which are useful only for creating
this report manually, along with all the nasty conditional logic
that enables and disables them.