lmi

Re: [lmi] Special "split funds" supplemental report

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Special "split funds" supplemental report
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 03:15:34 +0000

On 2019-01-25 02:30, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 01:10:19 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
>  BTW, I've been thinking since quite some time that having a "search"
> control in this dialog wouldn't be unhelpful. Or do the actual users know
> the UI on the back of their hands and don't need any help with navigating
> it?

If they don't know it like the backs of their proverbial hands, they make
detailed notes that they share with each other. Or they just ask Kim.

I would hesitate to add a "search" control because, well, what term would
you search for? "Inforce"? "Funds"?

> [...] Could you please confirm that I've interpreted
> the double negation (it was something along the line of "when SplitMinPrem
> is not true, these two columns shouldn't be shown") in the original message
> correctly and that sample2finra should show "Premium Outlay" while
> "sample2xyz" should show "ER/EE Gross Payment", as they do now?

Yes, and yes.

> GC> >  Finally, a question about appearance: my finra_split_fund.mst template
[...]
> GC> Couldn't it be identical to 'finra_supp.mst' (even if it needs to be
> GC> a distinct file with its own name)?
[...snip discussion of options...]
>  Please let me know what would you prefer and I'll make a PR with my
> changes tomorrow

I'd rather you reused the existing 'finra_supp.mst'. Cloning it later
for customization, if necessary, seems tidier than adding a new file
now and then, if unnecessary, removing it later.