lmi

Re: [lmi] Special "split funds" supplemental report

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Special "split funds" supplemental report
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 00:40:36 +0100

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 23:30:55 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2019-01-21 21:46, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 01:30:23 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> >
GC> > GC> A special supplemental report is required in a certain circumstance.
GC> > GC> Today, this is done manually. Vadim, would you please consider
GC> > GC> automating it?
GC> >
GC> >  I'm sorry for a probably very stupid question, but how exactly do you do
GC> > it manually and how should this be automated? I.e. I understand (almost)
GC>
GC> Today, end users must ask themselves whether The Circumstance holds,
GC> for each illustration they produce; and, iff it does, they must go
GC> to the "Reports" tab, check "Create supplemental report", and manually
GC> select the exact set of columns specified below. It's an onerous process,
GC> and there's clearly room for human error.

 Yes, I absolutely understand this.

GC> > But even if so, it's not clear to me if generating it means an
GC> > extra page in illustrations for some (or all?) ledger types or a
completely
GC> > new illustration kind or something else entirely?
GC>
GC> ...it causes an extra page (or set of pages) to be inserted into
GC> an illustration.

 One of the very last questions (I hope): here you seem to be speaking
about any illustration, without limitation of its type...

GC> Otherwise, it's the same kind of illustration; the only difference is
GC> the extra set of pages. IOW, at the top level the change is only this:
GC>
GC>         // Add all the pages.
GC>         add<cover_page>();
GC>         numbered_page::start_numbering();
GC>         add<finra_basic>();
GC>         add<finra_supplemental>();
GC> +       add<finra_fund_split>();
GC>         add<standard_page>("finra_column_headings");
GC>         add<standard_page>("finra_notes1");
GC>         add<standard_page>("finra_notes2");

... but in this example you specifically use FINRA illustration code. So
the question is: should this extra set of pages inserted only in the FINRA
illustrations or all of them?

GC> >  Out of curiosity, is "split funds" the same as "split fund allocation"?
GC> > I'm asking this because I see that in ledger_variant_init.cpp the
GC> > apparently related field SplitFundAllocation is set to true if either this
GC> > condition or if "0.0 != GenAcctAllocation && 1.0 != GenAcctAllocation" one
GC> > is true? Possibly more importantly, should I use exactly the condition
GC> > above or test SplitFundAllocation in the code that we will write to
GC> > generate this report?
GC>
GC> Fascinating. I can't remember exactly why a misspelled SplitFundAllocaction

 OK, maybe not the last question: where does this misspelling occur?
Because neither I nor git-grep can find it anywhere in lmi sources. This is
hardly very important, but I have a feeling I'm missing something here.

 Anyhow, this is much clearer now and, hopefully, will become totally clear
with the answer to the question above.

 Thanks again,
VZ