lmi

Re: [lmi] Special "split funds" supplemental report

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Special "split funds" supplemental report
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 00:10:34 +0000

On 2019-01-22 23:40, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 23:30:55 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> > But even if so, it's not clear to me if generating it means an
> GC> > extra page in illustrations for some (or all?) ledger types or a
> completely
> GC> > new illustration kind or something else entirely?
> GC>
> GC> ...it causes an extra page (or set of pages) to be inserted into
> GC> an illustration.
>
>  One of the very last questions (I hope): here you seem to be speaking
> about any illustration, without limitation of its type...
[...]
> the question is: should this extra set of pages inserted only in the FINRA
> illustrations or all of them?

I'll double check tomorrow, and let you know if the answer changes, but
AFAIK this is a requirement imposed by FINRA and would apply only to
the "finra" ledger type in lmi. Of our other types:

    {"illustration_reg" \
    ,"finra" \
    ,"obsolete ledger type 2--do not use" \
    ,"group_private_placement" \
    ,"obsolete ledger type 4--do not use" \
    ,"obsolete ledger type 5--do not use" \
    ,"individual_private_placement" \
    ,"obsolete ledger type 7--do not use" \
    };

it certainly doesn't apply to "illustration_reg", and the "obsolete"
types are no longer implemented; but it's conceivable that someone
would want this extra report for the two "private_placement" types
even though they're exempt from FINRA rules in general.

> GC> Fascinating. I can't remember exactly why a misspelled
> SplitFundAllocaction
>
>  OK, maybe not the last question: where does this misspelling occur?
> Because neither I nor git-grep can find it anywhere in lmi sources. This is
> hardly very important, but I have a feeling I'm missing something here.

[Unfortunately, I again have this problem:
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2017-11/msg00000.html
and must close and restart every 'konsole' session before I can
cut and paste from a terminal--but if I do that, I'll probably
lose the command I had run.

Let's see--no, I can't find it in '~/.history'. But I can recall
it, surround it with 'echo "[command]" >eraseme', load the
resulting file in 'vim', and paste from 'vim':]

  git log -G'SplitFundAllocaction' --patch

That command shows where the misspelled field arose. Repeating
it with the last 'c' removed shows the subsequent history.