lmi

Re: [lmi] Special "split funds" supplemental report

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Special "split funds" supplemental report
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 01:10:19 +0000

On 2019-01-25 00:03, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 01:30:23 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> A special supplemental report is required in a certain circumstance.
> GC> Today, this is done manually. Vadim, would you please consider
> GC> automating it?
>
>  I think I've done it now, and there is just one small snag: unlike Knuth,
> I didn't prove it correct -- and neither did I run it. Or, rather, I did,
> but I couldn't find out how to trigger The Circumstance in lmi GUI, so I
> couldn't convince it to produce an illustration with the new report (well,
> I did cheat and forced it to do it under debugger, but it's not quite the
> same as a real test).

File | New | Illustration
  "Plan" tab:
    "Policy": choose "sample2finra" [this is a finra-only report]
    "Effective date": decrease year by one [to make it "inforce"]
  "Inforce" tab:
    "General account value": enter 10000
    "Separate account value": enter 10000
OK

>  Could you please let me know if you already know how to do it? If not,
> I'll try to find it out myself, but it's not as simple as just a grep...

You'd have to figure out that "Effective date" must be more than
<some delta> in the past, or else your attempts to enter 10000
in those other two fields will produce helpful assertion failures.
I know that "one year" generally works for <some delta>; I suspect
that "one day" or "one month" might fail in curious ways.

> And, also, I think I did know how to test in split and non-split premiums
> case before, but now I can't find even how to do this. Could you please
> remind me how can I check the behaviour with SplitMinPrem being true and
> not?

[Instead of "sample2finra" above...]
  "Plan" tab:
    "Policy": choose "sample2xyz" [which is also an "mce_finra" product]

>  Finally, a question about appearance: my finra_split_fund.mst template
> currently looks like this, stripped of comments:
>
> ---------------------------------- >8 --------------------------------------
> {{>finra_header_upper}}
> {{>finra_header_lower}}

> Does this look right or should I add/remove/change anything in it?

Couldn't it be identical to 'finra_supp.mst' (even if it needs to be
a distinct file with its own name)?

This is probably important to add:
  {{>dollar_units}}

I'm not sure we'll need any special header like "Split Funds Detail".
If we do, it can be added later. If we don't, then we don't need to
include the "upper" and "lower" templates, and then it becomes a
copy of 'finra_supp.mst'.