Re: Adds bar line section to LM (Issue 3408) (issue 12724043)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Adds bar line section to LM (Issue 3408) (issue 12724043)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 08:53:44 +0000

On 2013/08/16 08:16:22, mail_philholmes.net wrote:
> Do we really need to explain how to do special bar lines before
> explaining accidentals?

According to mail to -user, yes.  The only reason I did this was
because of
a request there.

The mail said it seemed strange that there was final bar-line in any
examples in the Learning Manual.

I would be tempted to simply insert \bar "|." into the longer examples
in the LM, with no explanation, so it is there for curious people to
find, and shows them what to look up in the index to learn more.
I see how a digression on to \bar might be distracting here.
For at least one person, confusion about how to indicate the end of a
piece was also distracting.

https://codereview.appspot.com/12724043/