Re: Adds bar line section to LM (Issue 3408) (issue 12724043)

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: Adds bar line section to LM (Issue 3408) (issue 12724043)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 22:43:42 +0000

On 2013/08/16 08:59:36, Graham Percival wrote:
On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 08:53:44AM +0000, mailto:address@hidden
wrote:
> On 2013/08/16 08:16:22, http://mail_philholmes.net wrote:
> >> Do we really need to explain how to do special bar lines before
> >> explaining accidentals?
>
> >According to mail to -user, yes.  The only reason I did this was
> because of
> >a request there.
>
> The mail said it seemed strange that there was final bar-line in any
> examples in the Learning Manual.

I don't think we need to respond to every single doc suggestion;
often users are unaware of the trade-offs we've chosen or are
particularly focused on their application domain ("why bother with
stuff for singers?  the LM should only be about monophonic music
which is used for strings").

You make a good point about trade-offs.  However, i think that adding
this short explanation would be inappropriate.

cheers,
Janek

https://codereview.appspot.com/12724043/