Re: Potential fix for issue 37

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Potential fix for issue 37
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 19:17:58 +0100

Mike Solomon <address@hidden> writes:

> Not a problem.
> Attached is a leaner and meaner patch that requires no other patches
> (it bases off of the master) and implements this.
> I've compiled all of the regtests and it breaks none of them.  And,
> after briefly perusing the output, I don't think it drastically
> changes anything.

I've saved my appreciation last time, so for this output I have

+2

to offer.

And now for something completely different: when looking at those
examples, I thought that it might be nice if beam slope was actually
based on physical pitch rather than note position, so that something
like f-fis gets slope, and something like eis-f doesn't.

That idea might likely be catastrophic for beaming across clef changes,
though.

But I found the straight beaming over things like f-fis a bit
disturbing.  Clearly, from the point of visual aesthetics, it is the
obvious thing to do.  I am just not sure whether the non-obvious thing
might not be nicer in some way.