RE: Potential fix for issue 37

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Potential fix for issue 37
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 17:32:54 +0000

________________________________

From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of David Kastrup address@hidden
Sent: 07 January 2011 17:15
To: address@hidden

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> I'm not exactly sure what the desired output would be for issue 37,
>> but my code assumes that if there are collision problems, flat beams
>> look best.
>
> +1

Don't agree: the beams usually give an impression of the overall pitch
tendency.  Flat beams over a rising melody line look strange and dead.
So I think it would be good if they usually kept their natural angle,
just with uniformly longer stems.

Of course, a flat beam is still better than a collision.

---

So do you agree or not?

;)

James