Re: new lilypond repos

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: new lilypond repos
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 20:41:49 -0700

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 08:27:34PM -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 08:16:10PM -0700, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Graham
> > Percival<address@hidden> wrote:
> > > web/   (new repo)
> >
> > I think this should be called "lilypond-web" if it's in a separate
> > repo.  Or else it won't be obvious what "web" refers to.
>
> Well, this would be a sub-repo below the main "lilypond" one, but
> I have no objection to calling it "lilypond-web" anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean by "sub-repo".  On Savannah, I see some
repos with slashes in their names, like "dotgnu-pnet/cscctest.git".
Is that what you are referring to?

> Should we do a similar thing with "lilypond-gub", then?

Well, since Jan is using GUB to build Inkscape and OpenOffice now, I
think it should just be called "gub".

> > I think it makes sense to have "macos-lilypad" separate from GUB,
> > since it *is* a separate application.  IMO, it should be named
> > "lilypad" or "lilypond-lilypad".  Maybe the Windows Lilypad should be
> > integrated into the same code tree too?
>
> That would be nice, but I have no clue where the windows lilypad
> code is.  Until/unless they get merged, I favor keeping "macos" in
> the name, since it *is* specifically for osx.

I have found 4 different LilyPad sources: 3 for Mac and 1 for Windows.
The URLs are below.

Mac:
http://lilypond.org/download/gub-sources/osx-lilypad-ppc/
http://lilypond.org/download/gub-sources/osx-lilypad-universal/