Re: Fw: Sustain in midi output of Piano Centered Dynamics Template

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fw: Sustain in midi output of Piano Centered Dynamics Template
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:11:00 -0700

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 23:41:15 +0100
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote Monday, June 02, 2008 9:01 PM
> >> though I question whether this is a good idea,
> >> since it represents a deviation in behaviour  from the other piano
> >> templates.
> >
> > Well, we could either add it to all of them, or create an extra
> > snippet showing this thing.  Or maybe add it as a comment?
>
> The good thing is that we now have an opportunity to discuss
> whether we should add it.  Is there any downside to doing this?
> I suppose someone developing a score might not want repeats
> expanding in midi,

Oh, is that what we were talking about?  I didn't realize.  No, of
course we don't want to automatically unfold repeats.  I thougth that
"sustain" was the term for piano pedals.

> So on reflection, maybe we leave midi repeats out of the
> template and instead make a note to add it to the docs
> somewhere, perhaps in the yet-to-be-written midi section?

Yes, absolutely.  Could you dump a messy TODO in that file, since
I obviously don't have a clue what we're discussing?

Cheers,
- Graham