Re: Fw: Sustain in midi output of Piano Centered Dynamics Template

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fw: Sustain in midi output of Piano Centered Dynamics Template
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 13:01:37 -0700

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:48:45 +0100
"Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/6/1 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > It wasn't me; I just reminded somebody to work on it.
> >
> > If this uses 2.11 stuff (which I imagine it does, given the new
> > dynamic stuff), then you should update
> > input/new/piano-template-...ly
>
> Trevor, if you want the changes to stick, you'll have to edit the
> example in input/new,

Oops, I missed that.  Good catch!  Everybody, pay attention to the
warning at the top of every input/lsr/ file: anything you modify
*will* be lost!

> though I question whether this is a good idea,
> since it represents a deviation in behaviour  from the other piano
> templates.

Well, we could either add it to all of them, or create an extra
snippet showing this thing.  Or maybe add it as a comment?

> With regard to the dynamics issue, it's only a problem if you're
> forcing fixed distance; it might be a case of mentioning this in the
> NR piano section.

Good idea.  Andrew, what's your take on this?  (err, you may want to
look at the discussion in the mailist archives)

Cheers,
- Graham