Re: Two problems with gnus

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Two problems with gnus
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:27:36 +0200

"Alexandre Russel" <scandrou@hpo.net> writes:

> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>
>> Could you try to suggest ways to improve the documentation?  What
>> documentation did you use, and what did you search for, and what did
>> you expect to find but didn't?
>> Improving the documentation need input from new users.
>
> I am also a newbie. I don't think that the documentation is poor,
> but the manual is definitely far too difficult for newbie. What
> saved me was the Using Gnus tutorial:
> It doesn't say much about all the gnus option but take the newbie
> from nothing to being able to use gnus for basic mail and news
> reading. The tutorial just need to be finished(but is already very usable).
> http://my.gnus.org/tutorial/Using-Gnus.html

Thanks.  I think I recall some discussion on adding that tutorial to
Gnus CVS, but it doesn't seem to be there (or I'm not seeing it).  It
seems like a nice idea to make the above tutorial a separate Info
manual and ship it with Gnus.  I suppose copyright assignments would
be required.  Then there would be a "Gnus User's Manual" and "Gnus
Reference Manual" (which is really what's in Gnus CVS right now).