Re: Two problems with gnus

From: Alexandre Russel
Subject: Re: Two problems with gnus
Date: 29 Aug 2004 01:00:53 +0900

> > http://my.gnus.org/tutorial/Using-Gnus.html
>
> Thanks.  I think I recall some discussion on adding that tutorial to
> Gnus CVS, but it doesn't seem to be there (or I'm not seeing it).  It
> seems like a nice idea to make the above tutorial a separate Info
> manual and ship it with Gnus.  I suppose copyright assignments would
> be required.  Then there would be a "Gnus User's Manual" and "Gnus
> Reference Manual" (which is really what's in Gnus CVS right now).

To make an Info node would be nice, but any newbie that bother
looking in the info node would probably first look on the Net. I
realize now how Info is nice and useful but when I started using
gnus it was not the place I was looking for information.
Ideally, the same way that when you start emacs you have
information on how to do the tutorial, I think that when starting
gnus having a message that say:
Learn how to use gnus by typing C-c C-whatever
and then be able to access the tutorial would be much nicer.
Especially because that line can be put only if nothing is defined
such as group or server, so only newbie would see it.

Alex