h-source-users

[H-source-users] [bug #60940] Update h-client for python3/GTK3

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: [H-source-users] [bug #60940] Update h-client for python3/GTK3
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 09:49:14 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #6, bug #60940 (project h-source):

[comment #3 comment #3:]

suggested for merge in https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?62566.

> Thank you.  IIRC bill-auger also updated h-client:
>
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/h-source-users/2021-07/msg00065.html
>
> Do you know the difference between your two versions, and would it be
possible for you two to collaborate / combine efforts?

My fork seems more focused on fixing the Python 3 issues that break
functionality -- Bill's fork also does some cosmetic (such as standardizing on
space vs tab indentation).  In my testing my branch has h-client running
without any error in the terminal output, while for Bill's one there remain
issues such as:

- doesn't connect to h-node.org (probably PycURL related)
- the help buttons are broken (GTK related)
- selecting devices from the left tab doesn't work

So based on this I'd suggest merging my branch first, since it contains less
changes, and then rebase Bill's one on top.  This should be easier.

Thanks!

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?60940>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/