h-source-users

[H-source-users] [bug #60940] Update h-client for python3/GTK3

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: [H-source-users] [bug #60940] Update h-client for python3/GTK3
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 09:12:22 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #14, bug #60940 (project h-source):

> Follow-up Comment #13, bug #60940 (project h-source):
>
> Hi Yuchen,
>
> Thanks for the precisions!
>
> I've now populated the previously empty h-client Git repository with a
'main'
> branch that matches the 'master' branch of Bill's repository (which
combines
> both h-source's h-client code SVN history with the h-client's SVN one),
along
> the 'python3-port' branch that is based on 'main' and otherwise corresponds
> https://git.sr.ht/~apteryx/h-client.

Thanks for doing that.

> So the previous links made to sr-ht branch (on the wiki?) can be adjusted
> point to the 'python3-port' branch on the Savannah git repository.

I'm not sure what wiki you are talking about.  If it is about the h-node.org
wiki page about h-client[1], do you think you can update it?  I have updated
the description of the h-client project though
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/h-client/>.

[1] https://h-node.org/wiki/page/en/client-for-h-node-org

> With the main branch capturing (both) current SVN history, thanks to Bill,
> think we should also delete the SVN repo of the h-client project and delete
> the h-client directory within the h-source project to avoid confusion.
>
> What do you think?

The h-source git repo is done - I just fast-forwarded master to the h-node
branch, where I removed the h-client tree last year.

I can't find a way to remove h-client SVN repo, and I guess that requires
savannah admin intervention.  Shall we have some proof that the git repo does
contain the entire SVN history e.g. with some git / svn / text-processing
command combinations, and/or get bill-auger's input, before opening a ticket
at Savannah Administration at
(https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?group=administration) to remove the SVN
repo?

> Thanks,

Thanks to you for moving things forward.

> Maxim

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?60940>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/