guix-devel

Re: Packaging Jami progress

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Packaging Jami progress
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 19:21:21 +0100

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 12:43:19 +0100
zimoun <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
Hello,
> If you use Emacs, you can open Debbugs with: C-u M-x debbugs-gnu then
> RET guix-patches n y
> Then M-x debbugs-gnu-bugs RET 38211 RET
> So far so good.
> Select the patch set.
> Then M-x shell-command-on-region RET cd /path/to/your/guix/clone &&
> git am RET
>
> Or you can select the patch set then press the two letters O b and it
> will download the patches.
> Then inside your favorite terminal session: git am
> < /path/to/patches/*
Well, I actually use Emacs, but not as my OS, just as my text editor :)
It really shows Emacs is a better platform than GNU/Linux, if instead
of using tools provided by the OS, people use Emacs. I have a plan for
fixing this, but it'll take me some time to bring the idea to life. For
now I can use Emacs then :P

> If you do not use Emacs, you can download the series on the web page
> (mbox) but I have never done without Emacs. ;-)
That's fun, tried this and it failed. I'll try downloading just the
mails with the patches for Jami.

> Note that the series will not apply with a fresh "git pull" because
> there a conflict with the file cpp.scm. You need to rebase, as I asked
> to Pierre. ;-)
Rebase? Should I use a different checkout? Sorry, but this git thing
is still a dark magic for me.

> Hope that helps.
>

> All the best,
> simon