guix-devel

Re: Packaging Jami progress

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Packaging Jami progress
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 20:33:45 +0100

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 11:07:28 +0100
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was waiting for people to test the patch, since it does not run
> properly on my machine (the UI does not show up).
>
> Have you tried it yourself, Jan?  Does ti work for you?

That's the chicken and the egg problem - I can't try it until it gets
merged - if our changes cause webkit-gtk to rebuild, I can't go any
further without the substitute, because my machine is underpowered and
can't compile the package. I couldn't find any time to install Guix
System on my external hard drive for my more powerful machine, but if
it's necessary to proceed, I'll do it as fast as I can. I'll also ask
the developers if they have any clue what could be the cause.

There could be also a more recent change in Jami - they moved the
webchat from the gnome-client to libringclient - they made it
cross-platform with Qt-something.

P.S. I apply the patches using "patch" command, right?

Jan Wielkiewicz