guix-devel

Re: Packaging Jami progress

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Packaging Jami progress
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 12:43:19 +0100

Hi Jan,

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 at 20:43, Jan <address@hidden> wrote:

> P.S. I apply the patches using "patch" command, right?

What do you use?

If you use Emacs, you can open Debbugs with: C-u M-x debbugs-gnu then
RET guix-patches n y
Then M-x debbugs-gnu-bugs RET 38211 RET
So far so good.
Select the patch set.
Then M-x shell-command-on-region RET cd /path/to/your/guix/clone && git am RET

Or you can select the patch set then press the two letters O b and it
will download the patches.
Then inside your favorite terminal session: git am < /path/to/patches/*

If you do not use Emacs, you can download the series on the web page
(mbox) but I have never done without Emacs. ;-)

Note that the series will not apply with a fresh "git pull" because
there a conflict with the file cpp.scm. You need to rebase, as I asked
to Pierre. ;-)

Hope that helps.

All the best,
simon