gpsd-users

RE: Newly built / installed gpsd reporting address already in use

From: Stein, Josh
Subject: RE: Newly built / installed gpsd reporting address already in use
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 22:09:15 +0000

Hi Gary,

> I'm not sure why you want to do udev_install?  Other than the instructions
> say to do so...

Yup - that's exactly the case. I guess in a nutshell, I was playing the
"newbie" (and doing a good job of it at that) and trying to follow the
instructions exactly.

On a brighter note, I've gotten things running now.

The systemd configuration did not seem complete (at least in my install) and
the specifics of my GPS were not called out anywhere in the .service/.socket
files (not that I would expect them to be) Also, the file referenced in those
.service files (/etc/default/gpsd) did not even exist after my install.

As it stands, the daemon does run on startup and appears to be functioning
properly.