gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD on Debian 10 (buster): allowing other hosts to acc

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD on Debian 10 (buster): allowing other hosts to access gpsd
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 22:16:12 +0200

On 9/19/19 8:13 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
>> No.
>>
>> https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/g/gpsd/gpsd_3.17-7_changelog
>
>> The maintainer is diligent wrt those.
>
> We must be using a different dictionary for "diligent".

So?
Other upstreams are actually helpful and point those people who package
their software to keep it uptodate and bugfree. Other upstreams also
provide sane point-releases distributions can use. Even very commercial
upstreams do this better than you...

Since you took over the lead of gpsd, basically no information is
flowing anymore.

Where are the CVEs for the other buffer overflows you've mentioned?
Where are those bugs documented?
If you can't handle the CVE part, we're happy to help out.
If those bugs are not worth a CVE, then I guess they don't need to be
fixed anyway?