gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD on Debian 10 (buster): allowing other hosts to acc

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD on Debian 10 (buster): allowing other hosts to access gpsd
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 23:08:38 +0200

On 9/29/19 10:19 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
>> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.socket.html
>> You might want to read the links at the bottom of the page first.
>
> Sorry I was imprecise, I meant document as it specifically applies to
> using gpsd under systemd.  Something HOWTO like for users, not something
> only a programmer can wade through.

hmm, does it include a howto on how to edit an init script?
IMHO such things are things an admin should know.

I know users don't do this and ask here, so the documentation should
stay with the gpsd parts:
- socket activation will be used if your favourite distribution uses systemd
- to change the listening ports/IPs/interfaces, edit/override gpsd.socket.
- to change the options gpsd is being started with, edit/override
gpsd.service

And some links to the gpsd documentation.