RE: [Gomp-discuss] libgomp.h

From: Diego Novillo
Subject: RE: [Gomp-discuss] libgomp.h
Date: 13 Feb 2003 11:58:14 -0500

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 11:16, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:
> Diego Novillo wrote:
> SRL> Note - certain prototypes declared in this header file are for
> SRL> functions whose implementation copyright does not belong to the
> SRL> FSF.  Those prototypes are present in this file for reference
> SRL> purposes only and their presence in this file should not construed
> SRL> as an indication of ownership by the FSF of the implementation of
> SRL> those functions in any way or form whatsoever.
>
> DN> You will remove this once your FSF copyright assignment has been
> DN> finished, right?
>
> I took that paragraph from the libiberty.h file included with gcc 3.2.2; it
> seems to apply to the OpenMP functions, does it not? FSF isn't trying to
> copyright the prototypes for OpenMP.

Ah, oh, sorry.  I thought these prototypes were your invention.

> DN> Function documentation goes in the .c files
> DN> There should be two spaces after a period, not three.
>
> I looked at a couple of the header files used in building gcc -- and they
> included function documentation in the .h, and some (but not all) functions
> included dummy argument names (which I've always consider a good,
> self-documenting coding practice).

GCC breaks its own conventions in just about every other file :)  It's
unnerving.  Particularly when somebody tells you that the convention is
A and then you find a hundred counter-examples in GCC's source base.

But, hey, I just follow the guidelines :)