Re: [Gomp-discuss] Savannah -- How do I sign on as a member of Gomp?

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Savannah -- How do I sign on as a member of Gomp?
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:06:20 +0000 (GMT)

On 13 Feb 2003, Steven Bosscher wrote:

> On the project page, you say:
>
> <QUOTE>
> While being an Open Standard, there are not many open (in the sense of
> the Free Software) OpenMP implementations (one noticeable exceptions
> being OdinMP, see http://vvv.it.kth.se/labs/cs/odinmp).
> </QUOTE />
>
> That is not true.  OdinMP is *NOT* Free Software.

Well, Matt Bronson, from OdinMP says that this is more free that anything
else, because they give you the source code and they allow you to do with
it whatever you want. It also pointed out to me that i have linked the
wrong site. The correct one is

http://odinmp.imit.kth.se/

If you have any serious concern about their license (which by the way I
could not locate) tell me and we will agree on what to do with the
statement on our page.

I'll ask Matt to clarify the terms of their license. I'll also forward the
e-mail I received from him, which I think could be of some interest here.

Biagio