RE: [Gomp-discuss] libgomp.h

From: Steven Bosscher
Subject: RE: [Gomp-discuss] libgomp.h
Date: 13 Feb 2003 17:27:22 +0100

Op do 13-02-2003, om 17:21 schreef Scott Robert Ladd:
> Steven Bosscher wrote
> > Yup.  It's somewhere on the GCC site, or you can go to Coding
> > Conventions on http://gcc-g95.sf.net
>
> Silly me; I just looked at the style of several header files included in the
> GCC build tree! Ah, such a fool I am to think that production code matches
> the actual standards... ;)
>
> [Please note the heavy sarcasm intended above :)]
>
> ..Scott

The libraries that come with GCC *are* a mess, no doubt about it.
Sometimes it's like that because a library is not actually part of GCC;
it just happens to be necessary to build GCC, and they want to have a
stable version to build against, so they include it in the tree.

The stuff in gcc/, and the c++ and java front ends match the coding
conventions quite well, and where they don't: There's always somebody
playing the janitor.

Greetz
Steven