RE: [Gomp-discuss] libgomp.h

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Subject: RE: [Gomp-discuss] libgomp.h
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:16:49 -0500

Diego Novillo wrote:
SRL> Note - certain prototypes declared in this header file are for
SRL> functions whose implementation copyright does not belong to the
SRL> FSF.  Those prototypes are present in this file for reference
SRL> purposes only and their presence in this file should not construed
SRL> as an indication of ownership by the FSF of the implementation of
SRL> those functions in any way or form whatsoever.

DN> You will remove this once your FSF copyright assignment has been
DN> finished, right?

I took that paragraph from the libiberty.h file included with gcc 3.2.2; it
seems to apply to the OpenMP functions, does it not? FSF isn't trying to
copyright the prototypes for OpenMP.

DN> Function documentation goes in the .c files
DN> There should be two spaces after a period, not three.

I looked at a couple of the header files used in building gcc -- and they
included function documentation in the .h, and some (but not all) functions
included dummy argument names (which I've always consider a good,
self-documenting coding practice).

In other words, I used actual pieces of gcc as examples of how to write a .h
file! ;)

Ah, well, back to the editor. :)

..Scott