[Gomp-discuss] Re: Reference to OdinMP on gomp page

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: [Gomp-discuss] Re: Reference to OdinMP on gomp page
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:13:39 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Mats Brorsson wrote:

> Biagio,
>
> Would you please change the reference to OdinMP from the gomp page to
> the following web site:
> http://odinmp.imit.kth.se

Sorry. I made a quick search with google and it brought me to that page.
I'll correct the link in the next few minutes.

> Also, I have noticed that you are discussing benchmarks in the gomp
> mailing list. It was not clear if you wanted performance benchmarks or
> programs that would verify your translator. I know nothing about the
> latter, but at EPCC in Edinburgh there are a microbenchmark to test
> OpenMP performance. To find that, and other resources, go to
> http://www.compunity.org and click on "Benchmarking" to the left.

Thank you for the pointer. We meant benchmark for testing our compiler. I
think performance will be a concern for the future.

A comment for the seek of clarity. We do not intend to build a
translator the way OdinMP is. We want to integrate OpenMP with the gcc
compiler, i.e. the directives will not be preprocessed and translated to
threads, but will be parsed, translated to nodes in the intermediate
representation, optimised and them converted into threads. This is why we
felt the need of a new project.

Another thing. Somebody has said in our mailing list that the statement in
our web page about OdinMP is wrong, because this is not free software. Can
you please clarify the terms of your license?

Thanks,
Biagio