[Gomp-discuss] sentinels

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: [Gomp-discuss] sentinels
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 09:43:08 +0100

 Ok so all agrees that we can use the existing frontends ?

 Does this mean that we will use g95 for FORTRAN and the new C/C++ parser ?

Another issue that has emerged is where we keep the code ? My suggestion is that if possible we should live in the tree-ssa branch, which raises another even bigger question, how do we organize our code ?

Since we will be doing modifications to the other frontends and some of the optimizers, do we keep our own copies of the modified files or how do we proceed ?

A reasonable first goal would be to get the sentinels, ( '!omp' and '#pragma omp' ) to the middle end.

What about the distinction of 'parallell' and 'distributed' regions, does everyone think this is a good idea ?

As for where to start with openMP, there is only one place, we need parallell regions to start with, and at least the private/shared attributes.

Further more I suggest we start with the SECTIONS and SECTION directives, if we can do these and the suncronisation constructs we should have the most of the functionality in place.

 Any thoughts ?

 / Lars Segerlund.