gnuherds-app-dev

Re: gnuherds development

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: gnuherds development
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 23:59:54 +0100

2008/6/2 Antenore Gatta <address@hidden>:

> 1) What do you think about Gnuherds?

Its a very important project for free software developers to realise
independent livelihoods [1] - this was a second order goal of the
early free software movement [2] although it got forgotten by the
corporate-isation of the movement in the early 1990s.

[1]:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22independent+livelihoods%22+%22john+taylor+gatto%22

[2]: http://www.roughtype.com/archives/2007/05/happy_birthday.php (Tom
Lord's comment)

> 2) What do you expect from this project?

At most, to have software to earn a living with :-)

At least, to test out funding free software projects that aren't
suitable for turning into self-contained business ventures.

> 3) How would you like to contribute?

Via the mailing list.

> Personally, I'm generally a speaker, someone call me adviser, I helped with
> translations and with a bug fixing (smarty gettext). I tried to help with
> tableless layout.

Thank you!

> I would like to continue to contribute as I did till now and maybe one day
> I'll start to code something interesting, but I cannot garantee anything.

Great :-)

--
Regards,
Dave