Re: Status

From: pancake
Subject: Re: Status
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 00:23:04 +0200

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:39:19 +0200 (CEST)
"Alfred M. Szmidt" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I must be missing something, stowfs and the GNU System Creator are
> doing this already for quite some time, so this cannot be why you
> started writting STUT (maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, but
> I seem to recall that we discussed GSC/stowfs a while back).

You'r confused with BeeBS. BeeBS does nothing about package
management. BeeBS is just GSC, but it aims to be lighter, portable
and easy to maintain and track compilation problems.

> How is STUT different from GSC/stowfs?

STUT implements the stow functionality into a transparent layer that allows
to use't on non-hurd systems (ln's) or in hurd (not yet implemented, so, stowfs
is not yet finished)

> Why wasn't this discussed here before any new uncoordinated efforts
> were started?

Sorry, I was out for a long time. But the existence of the bee project was
longer exposed and looks like nobody take interest on it except some
"spanish" guys. (:?)

> Is there a possibility of merging the projects together?

Of course. Stut if free to use and abuse.

--pancake