Re: Status

From: Alfredo Beaumont
Subject: Re: Status
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 23:38:17 +0200

Astelehena 12 Ekaina 2006 17:39(e)an, Alfred M. Szmidt(e)k idatzi zuen:
>    I think that the GNU system must implement a new package system
>    that makes use of all these features (stowfs, etc..), that was the
>    reason why we start writting the STUT.
>
> I must be missing something, stowfs and the GNU System Creator are
> doing this already for quite some time, so this cannot be why you
> started writting STUT (maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, but
> I seem to recall that we discussed GSC/stowfs a while back).
>
> How is STUT different from GSC/stowfs?

I'm missing something too. It's been talked about apt, emerge and yum. Why is
this needed if it's been already solved? I mean, which is the difference
between those package systems and pkgsrc? The idea of stut is to merge pkgsrc
+ stow.

IIRC stowfs doesn't work yet, there's stow written in guile in the meantime.