Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Adding some scummvm game(s) to the "List of softwa

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Adding some scummvm game(s) to the "List of software that does not respect the Free System Distribution Guidelines"
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 05:46:49 -0400

On Tue, 13 Jun 2023 19:30:13 +0200 Denis wrote:
> Is it because they lack source code or because their license is nonfree?
> I need that information for convincing Guix to remove them.

as i remember, despite the lengthy discussion (mostly about the engine), the
only conclusive evidence presented was in the OP from april - this issue does
seem overdue for a conclusion

On Wed, 12 Apr 2023 01:24:57 +0200 Denis wrote:
> Its license contains the following[1]:
> >  3) You may not charge a fee for the game itself. This includes
> > reselling the game as an individual item.

i assume that source code is available, because those games are in debian 'main'
- but if that quote is part of the license, the license is clearly non-free; so
the source code can be ignored

is this our conclusion? - or does this reduce to case of the fonts license
mentioned by ruben yesterday?