[Gnu-arch-users] BeOS port -- some issues

From: Johann [Myrkraverk] Oskarsson
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] BeOS port -- some issues
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:09:22 +0000

Hi,

I'm in the process of porting tla to to beos, and there are few issues
I'd like some help in resolving the "correct" way.

I am totally lost in this configure setup.

* 1: I need a way to configure all the "-lm"s from the library list in
the makefiles.  They are not needed, and must not appear when linking
on beos.

* 2: Beos doesn't have chroot.  There is a need to add that function
to the tests.  While I've been told arch doesn't use chroot, I'd like
some feedback on the expected behaviour of vu_sys_chroot on a system
without chroot.

* 3: Beos doesn't have sys/un.h -- I managed to compile with a dummy
sys/un.h I got from another beos developer, so that's another test
that needs to be made.

* 4: Beos doesn't define F_GETOWN and F_SETOWN -- the only appearance
with this is in a case with error handler -- so this needs to be tested
for too.

* 5: Beos' struct stat doesn't have st_blocks, so that is another
thing to test for; it is only used in a `reset to zero' code, so
removing it is not a big issue, I believe.

There is at least one more issue, but I'm currently trying to get help
from other beos developers in resolving it.

If nothing else, I'd like some pointers in the right direction, when
it comes to testing for these things.

Johann "Myrkraverk"