Re: [Gnu-arch-users] BeOS port -- some issues

From: Johann [Myrkraverk] Oskarsson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] BeOS port -- some issues
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 08:02:45 +0000

Hi,

Rob Weir writes:
 > On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 05:09:22PM +0000, Johann [Myrkraverk] Oskarsson said
 > > * 2: Beos doesn't have chroot.  There is a need to add that function
 > > to the tests.  While I've been told arch doesn't use chroot,
 >
 > Heh, I said that based on the fact that chroot(2) requires root
 > priveleges, which tla should never ever have :-)

Ah ;)

 > > I'd like some feedback on the expected behaviour of vu_sys_chroot on a
 > > system without chroot.

 > I don't think you can do anything useful with it if the underlying
 > system doesn't support it...Are you trying for a full hackerlab port
 > (which sounds like a lot of work given BeOS' missing functionality), or
 > just enough to get tla to run?

What I meant was: what should happen?  Should it succeed or fail?  And
if fail, what error (errno), should I return.

 > Interestingly, POSIX.1 and SUS don't include chroot, but X/OPEN does
 > (according to the linux manpage, at least).

Anyways, I think I've solved the first issue I mentioned (-lm), the
make is currently running and I'm not sure if it should have stopped
or not on it ...

I have also posted my first post to the dev mailing list, so further
discussion should happen there?

Johann