Re: [Gnu-arch-users] BeOS port -- some issues

From: Rob Weir
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] BeOS port -- some issues
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 20:49:41 +1000

[no need to CC, I replied to your list posting so I'm obviously
subscribed...]

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 08:02:45AM +0000, Johann [Myrkraverk] Oskarsson said
> Hi,
>
> Rob Weir writes:
>  > I don't think you can do anything useful with it if the underlying
>  > system doesn't support it...Are you trying for a full hackerlab port
>  > (which sounds like a lot of work given BeOS' missing functionality), or
>  > just enough to get tla to run?
>
> What I meant was: what should happen?  Should it succeed or fail?  And
> if fail, what error (errno), should I return.

Silently succeeding would be very very bad.  None of the acceptable
return codes (from linux's chroot manpage) seem relevant...Since BeOS
will not properly support all of hackerlab anyway, why not just not
compile this function at all?

-rob

--
Words of the day:     Debian FBI LLNL bullion Taiwan lock picking wire transfer