Re: [Gnu-arch-users] BeOS port -- some issues

From: Rob Weir
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] BeOS port -- some issues
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:13:49 +1000

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 05:09:22PM +0000, Johann [Myrkraverk] Oskarsson said
> * 2: Beos doesn't have chroot.  There is a need to add that function
> to the tests.  While I've been told arch doesn't use chroot,

Heh, I said that based on the fact that chroot(2) requires root
priveleges, which tla should never ever have :-)

> I'd like some feedback on the expected behaviour of vu_sys_chroot on a
> system without chroot.

I don't think you can do anything useful with it if the underlying
system doesn't support it...Are you trying for a full hackerlab port
(which sounds like a lot of work given BeOS' missing functionality), or
just enough to get tla to run?

Interestingly, POSIX.1 and SUS don't include chroot, but X/OPEN does
(according to the linux manpage, at least).

--
Words of the day:           CID Dateline blackjack CDMA clandestine KGB Qaddafi