Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: newbies should neither be seen nor heard

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: newbies should neither be seen nor heard
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:37:23 -0700

On Oct 14, 2004, at 23:54, Peter Conrad wrote:

you were mistaken when you wrote that paragraph. Although I got used to
them I still don't like them. They're still a PITA everytime I want to
edit {arch}/=tagging-method.

I agree. I have grown to accept {arch}, but I certainly don't like it, if for no other reason, because I'm not as comfortable with ``tla inventory'' as I am with find.

        I.e. imagine .arch instead of {arch}:

        find * -name \*.blah | xargs grep something

                -or-

        grep -r something *

Of course, this has got a little easier for me since I started using revision libraries and got rid of my pristines.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>