Re: Bluetooth address translation

From: Martin List-Petersen
Subject: Re: Bluetooth address translation
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:41:27 +0200

Citat Pawel Kot <address@hidden>:

> On 28 Apr 2003, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
>
> > I have run tests with my Nokia 6210 and 6310 and it is now possible to
> > use full phone suite functions over Bluetooth with both phones.
>
> Nice, I'm glad to hear this. Anyone to try the AT driver with
> Ericsson/Siemens/whatever?

I've been fiddling around with an Ericsson T39m, Bluetooth and Gnokii 0.4.3

Connect works, which shouldn't be any wonder, since Bluetooth RFCOMM module
just
provides a normal serial-interface connection.

XGnokii:
When i try to import my contacts, that also starts nicely, it starts
complaining
from position 356 and on: "xgnokii_lowlevel.c: line 519: Can't get memory entry
number 356 from memory 0! 8" (the 358 of course increases). Since this is some
kind of timeout that times out here, it takes quite some time to complete for
each position.

After position 474, gnokii fails with "Event 2 failed with return code 8" and
nothing is fetched at all.

When it comes to reading sms-centers, that doesn't work (there are no
sms-centers read from the phone, the list is empty). On sending an SMS it fails
with an error 11. (Output on console: Event 13 failed with return code 11.)

In settings, the Phone model is unknown, version is R3B006, revision is R3B006

 CXC125269. (also opening the settings returns an: Event 21 failed with return
code 5.)

So XGnokii is pretty useless right now.

gnokii on the console w/o smsc specified just either fails with "Timeout:
abouting command ``/usr/lib/gnokii'' with signal 9
/usr/bin/gnokii: line 16: 1211 Killed     timeout $TIMEOUT $BINARY $@"

with smsc specified (--smsc) it just will initialize the AT interface and then
output the help screen, as if some options where wrong.

I did specify "gnokii --sendsms <no> --smsc <no>"

So no good results here either. Haven't tried newer versions yet.

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot dk
--
In Devon, Connecticut, it is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.